Bit.Trip fans rejoice! Gaijin Games has announced that Bit.Trip Runner2 will be coming to the Wii U. There will be Retro Challenges playable on the Wii U GamePad, which I happen to think is quite awesome!
Here is an excerpt from the press release:
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – June 5, 2012 -- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEGaijin Games is proud to officially reveal that they will be self-publishing BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2, Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on the Wii U."Ripe with the addictive stench of the classic RUNNER gameplay, Runner2 cuts the cheese with a new art style, Retro Challenges featuring music by Disasterpeace and an endless scroll of gameplay features, costumes and playable characters" -@MikeNRoush"After announcing Runner2 for XBLA & PSN, we got so much incredible hate mail from our Nintendo fan base that we had to release this game for Wii U under fear of death!" -@AlexNoisyA sequel to the award-winning and incredibly popular BIT.TRIP RUNNER, originally released on Nintendo's WiiWare Service, Runner2 boasts:
- Retro Challenges playable on the Wii U Game Pad
- Special chiptune guest star Disasterpeace
- Almost 10 Playable Characters, including CommandgirlVideo, Unkle Dill, and Whetfahrt Cheesebörger
- Fancy-Pants HD Graphics
- 10+ New Gameplay Abilities
- Achievements/trophies/leaderboards/whatever Nintendo's new thingie is
- Unlockable costumes
- Difficulty modes and checkpoints
- ...and LOTS more to be revealed later!