During last night's 3DS Software Showcase, Nintendo revealed a lot of information for its big 3DS titles. First up on that list is New Super Mario Bros. 2! All of this info is recapped in the Iwata Asks: New Super Mario Bros. 2, you can find that after the jump.
- Two player Co-op has been confirmed. Camera is fixed on Player 1, so Player 2 has to keep up or risk getting lost outside the frame.
- Coin Rush Mode: Allows players to play three courses (chosen at random) from courses previously completed in the main game. Players have to overcome a challenge that has been chosen for them.
- StreetPass functionality allows players to exchange data and challenge each other. The feeling is that players will want to have more coins than other players.
- It's possible to collect 1,000.000 coins in the game. Coins are added to a "bank."
- Game is filled events that allow players to collect tons of coins at once.
- Gold Fire Flower power-up allows Mario to transform into Gold Mario. Gold Mario can throw fireballs that will create coins for every object destroyed.